Thursday, July 29, 2021

The Mark III Cortina

No other version, this was the best rust bucket of them all:



In truth, it had a number of flaws of course. It wasn’t particularly well made (but what mass produced cars were?) The ride was a bit choppy, and whilst the steering was accurate and the handling generally pretty good for 1970, in extremis it could be a bit challenging. Better than a Marina by a long way though.
And then, of course, was that famous rust issue - the entire driver's footwell had fallen through in my secondhand yellow and black speed machine.  Do you have any exciting tales?

A car almost as nice.

1 comment:

  1. I had one of them. When I was negotiating to buy a house, the owner offered his Cortina as an extra.

    I always had a problem with the heater - it never was very hot. My son called a 'luke-warmer'. Enjoyable to drive. Finally failed the MOT, with the rust. The scrapyard gave me £100 for the tyres and battery, said I could have the bodywork, if I wanted it as a memento..

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.