Sunday, July 13, 2008

[the idyll] and the hidden serpent


The picture above is the Caffe Consorzia where we went for lunch.

It was balmy and idyllic, not to mention the quality of the food itself. Sitting under the giant olive tree with those leaves so easy on the eyes, one could be envied - see Welshcakes' post for details of the meal we ate.

So to come home, try to set up a new Yahoo account for Bloghounds, to go through the usual first page of filling in details, press the button and then be confronted with a second page asking to provide credit card details so they can confirm our age - that was beyond the pale.

Exactly what the heck are Yahoo up to? Have you too had any problems? Try setting up a new Yahoo account.

Meanwhile, back to the coffee and croissants.


8 comments:

  1. That's beyond a joke! How dare they?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite absurd. I am getting worried about Google also with their daft Street View scheme - won't affect us here but... !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always lie about your age LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I hope you didn't put them in!....What's the Google Street View Scheme?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully I have had me Yahoo account for a while. I think Yahoo and Google are trying to take over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate Yahoo. They bought mybloglog and made us all change over to yahoo id's instead of keeping our old ID and sign in. When I lost all my remembered passwords recently I was in a mess because I could not get into mybloglog for days. Somehow I seem to have three Yahoo ID's and I have belonged to one group for years with some old ID and can't find the password to change anything.

    When I ask they keep sending me the password to the newer ones. It's as if for this Yahoo group I don't exist but I get a digest every day, so I know one part of it works.

    They are totally screwed up and me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is appalling that they are now asking for cc details. Glad you have your priorities right, James.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree with all here and JMB put it the way I feel too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.