Monday, May 12, 2008

[heraldry] quiz with a difference

Well, it had to come - I've been pfaffing round with this heraldry thing and you know know I do quizzes. So ... match the coat of arms and clues with the character. Simple. :)



Black and white is perhaps appropriate for a mathematician and all round clever clogs. He caused me enormous grief in geometry lessons at school and you can keep your calculus, thank you very much.







Another mathematician - though what a dolphin has to do with maths escapes me. Another all round clever clogs too but this time in the new world Boston boy.
















A close look at the crest and helm should give its owner away immediately. Perhaps he should have included a pair of crutches in the design.

















I really like this one and it's surely appropriate for the Rideau Hall incumbent.
















It's a moot point whether it'll be his father or him. Hope he's recovered from the skull injury.











Answers

Rene Descartes, Ben Franklin, Paul McCartney, Michaella Jean, Prince William

4 comments:

  1. Three, which surprised the heck out of me. I assumed it would be zero. Needless to say it was not the coat of arms but the clues.
    I don't believe I had ever heard of Descartes in high school. How ignorant is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...what do dolphins have to do with maths, then? Not that I have any interest in either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the .jpg file names that make this quiz rather tricky!

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.