Friday, April 13, 2007

[literature quiz] ten puzzlers for the well-read

Shakespeare's ghostwriter?

1. What were the real names of the following authors?

(a) Mark Twain.

(b) Lewis Carroll.

(c) George Sand.

(d) O. Henry.

(e) Currer Bell.

2. Conversely, under what names did the following writers
achieve fame?

(a) David Cornwell.

(b) Francois Marie Arouet.

(c) Hector Hugh Munro.

(d) Eric Blair

(e) Mrs Willian Heelis.

Smith and Hunt: The Nationwide Book of Literary Quizzes, Nationwide, 1980.


No peeking, now!

1. (a) Samuel Langhorne Clemens

(b) Charles Lutwidge Dodgson

(c) Louise de la Ramee

(d) William Sydney Porter

(e) Charlotte Bronte

2. (a) John le Carre

(b) Voltaire

(c) Saki

(d) George Orwell

(e) Beatrix Potter

5 comments:

  1. I bet Graachi knows the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I only knew three. I need to study more.

    Oh, and I "blogpowered" up. It's on my page now.

    I have a question, though... Mr. Tin Drummer tells me you're more computer savvy than he is. I think there's something wrong with the right-hand column on my page. On PCs it displays wasyyyy too far down the page. On Macs it looks normal. What did I do wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worst yet. 1 Mark Twain and that was because of Star Trek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellee, Ruthie and Bag - these weren't easy. Glad you tried them. It partly justifies my existence.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.