Friday, January 19, 2007

[apologies] higham's guide to doing it right

This blog is fed up to the back teeth with all this apologizing. Here are two of the more recent ones:

# ABC rebuked "Grey's Anatomy" co-star Isaiah Washington on Thursday for using an anti-gay comment this week and Washington issued a lengthy apology.

# Redford Says Bush Owes An Apology

As a service to readers, here is a link to an apology-help-write site and below is my blank which you’re welcome to copy and use:

I, [insert name here], formally and unreservedly apologize to [insert name here] for any offence or damage I may have caused [insert time frame] and wish to add, even though it in no way mitigates the deep humiliation and injury caused by my remarks, that I was not myself at the time and in no sense either believe or support the said remarks and further state that by calling [insert name again] a [terrorist, prat, chav – fill in your own], I was well out of order and wish him [or her] the very best for the future.

Always have this at hand, should you ever need to apologize, following a mouth-off-first-think-later type situation. Thank you and sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.