Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Tuesday [10]

If you divide the human experience into physical, mental, spiritual and social, say ... the aspect, certainly in England, maybe Britain, which gets pretty short shrift is the spiritual, certainly Christian spiritual, whereas the pagan, Wiccan is alive and strong beneath the surface.

I'm not Roman, nor Orthodox, nor even denominational Protestant, I'm someone who's travelled through each of those, having also been in a mosque plus a synagogue, having been close to the astrological a few times, always with females. Chap in the video below speaks of over-intellectualising, like Thomas Aquinas but also over-mysticising, as in the Marian apparitions, Jeanne la Pucelle's voices etc.

I had a damascene moment at 12 but being way too young, too sigma let's say, a bit wild ... well first I had a lifetime of mistakes to make ... still am making them ... it was decades and decades before I started thinking about it all again ... in fact since I came back here this time. The blog's focussed my mind more.

I read, a few days ago, that the Christian who is still of the things of this world is still far from God ... oh really? I understood that the second commandment ... love thy neighbour ... was meant to be not unlike the first ... or did I misread that?  Plus my work has always been a mix of the physical and mental ... less so the social. In short ... overthinking perhaps, taking a breather in a building project or three.

This below is heavy and yet interesting ... two people's journey towards the meaning of life. The N.O. attitude, calling it Tuesday 10, with some Baroque music coming up after that, then politics again ... the N.O. attitude is ... here it is if you're interested ... it appeared in the YT recommended, I saw Blonde ... here it is (it won't embed, by the way) ...



1 comment:

  1. 47 min to 49. The study of alt-right women. Hahaha. Several PhDs in the making.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.