Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Ripper lets rip

… in the most restful way.

For your enjoyment James (probably and Toodles). This is what I have been up to for the 2 weeks. I've made 2 benches (the park benches kind). Currently I'm making a third bench, which is half size for kids.





At Headway, they have been making bird nesting boxes for years. These are just a 4 inch cube with a lift off roof to clean it out (this is yearly, for next season). I started to making my own bird nest, which is more like a house rather a box (I think Toodles will like this).



Since this is a house (bird nest house?) I added a garage which garage door opens to clean it out. surprise in there.



The my latest project is a small planter, made for one of the guys that is painting the 18 wheeler truck planter. He is a fan of steam, so I have tried make a Fred Dibnah steam tractor, plus trailer.



- Ripper

JH footnote: What a wunnerful thing Ripper is doing here … for them but also for him … projects are … well … wunnerful.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing! Just proves the maxim "Every cloud has a silver lining"!

    Digger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive - I've made a few wooden bits and pieces but nothing of that standard. Our granddaughter would go nuts over that nesting box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stuff Ripper. You are gifted and you are a gift to those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the bench. I have been meaning to get one for the garden. but perhaps i should make one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FoS: Wonderful! I really admire the level of finish on that bench. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toodles~
    Well, well, well Ripper!
    I certainly concur with the fellas who commented on your handiwork! Your workmanship is impressive and so is your mindset.

    I admire and enjoy your clever and well made pieces. Both the adult and children’s benches are really fine pieces. I just bought my grandchildren folding chairs to fit their sizes to take here and there and they were tickled to get them. Oh how they would enjoy your park bench…especially on the dock at the river! And…so would Cuddles and I!

    Now! That birdhouse is a delight! I would love to paint that adorable piece…unless the birds wouldn’t care for the paint. In that case, one for the birds and another one to paint just for display then! I can imagine a little bird family enjoying the fireplace🤭! Pretend time.

    The garage door is very smart indeed. As much as I love birds well….they are pretty messy critters! Still, they do enjoy their baths, but some are lousy housekeepers. Who am I to criticize? Hey, I need a garage door like that for my people house🤔.

    The last project, the Fred Dibnah steam tractor….plus trailer… is so clever and well done. How thoughtful of you to remember the man’s particular fondness .

    Again, I (and certainly the others here too) are so proud of you and know you are bringing joy to so many people.

    I do say prayers for you….and others here too. Extra hard or you as you heal.

    Oh! The one in whom’s name I pray was also a carpenter!

    The best to you and do keep us posted on all of your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toodles ~
    Ripper! I forgot to mention the cute little accessories you included for the house…woodpile, bench out front and the sharp looking teeny weenie car! 🤭😁😆😂☺️

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.