Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Wednesday [4 to 6]

The wide awake early birds would have noticed a long, long post which suddenly disappeared a few minutes ago … the text entirely disappeared, not the post shell itself:


It was there all right, the content, as you’re about to see. Just a procedural word before getting to  the content … just a word about how this ipad works.

There have been times I’ve “selected” text, so as to copy, cut, paste … that’s the usual thing:


Occasionally, text has selected itself, which it should never do and I accept that these aging pads do get quite hair trigger plus, being a man, our micro-coordination is (cough) … well … macro. 

Thus I sometimes lose work because, just as I move the podgy digit down to press the screen, it suddenly selects all and as the podgy digit reaches the glass in that same stroke, it deletes all … every last bit.

Yet ipad does have a failsafe … a panel warns that work will be lost … so usually I back track and nowt is lost.

But sometimes it offers no warning at all. Part of that might be a glitch in the wifi, could be anything. So best thing to do is save as you go … which I do.  This completed post, Wed 4 to 6, was finished, done, one hour of work, I’d left a message to say I was going for brek.

Pressed save again … I do know which button says Save by the way … everything disappeared, the entire contents. One hour of work. 

Dear MftWC, dear DAD, forgive me but I’m just not doing it all over again … sorry but there is too much on the plate today. You can still see Evets 2 and 3 in Tue comments. You can still see the DAD drop at NOWP 623:3.

However, there is much which has been lost. You see, using back button, the copy already up at the site … while there are usually ways to recover text … this time there was nothing, all content gone, no warnings. I’d not selected, it had not even selected itself in error (blue colour) … but when I pressed save, it did the opposite.

All right, what did the post have? Well it had Evets 2 and 3 combined, it had the DAD drop which they’d already tried to spam … 


… then it had a post of my own, which had opened with Tucker:


… it had noted the completely OTT behaviour of sending a fully armed FBI squad, not local police, to arrest a man who’d been praying in an abortion clinic foyer … he was praying for the babies about to be murdered, mainly by single teenage mothers.

I’d then moved on, in my second rant of the day, to the Chinese motif again, showing this ad:


… and had asked what the heck Cheshire Oaks had to do with Chinese models? Where were all the English girls?  Then I’d followed with:


Then, as if to rub it in, this suddenly appeared in ticker on my desktop:


Uh huh. They make the user experience pleasant, don’t they? This is what I paid that money for?

I’m going for breakfast, shall be back soon. (0653)

Aha … my email right now:


Third attempt at going for breakfast. (0707)

3 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you need to retire your old hardware before you become frustrated and throw it across the room. You could also consider a stylus to select things on the screen which is what I do with my 10 inch Samsung pad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. without knowing details other than an ipad, no offense meant sir, i would be curious the browser used and any ad blocking/ tracker blocking apps used. also, what if any vpn and “location” selected may be.

    as to the “macro touch”- congrats! you are not a soyboi 🥸

    ReplyDelete
  3. No ad blocking, no VPN, Chrome (every time it plays up, I go back to Safari, which works), ipad OS 17.3.1, default tracker, not modified.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.