Saturday, March 30, 2024

A short

It would be good to be able to write good short stories but I can't ... the type which would occupy an 11 minute film like the one below.

One short I wrote which might stand up was The fallen woman of Modica. The idea of "slice of life shorts", allegorial tales, is appealing though and this film below is better, imho, on the second viewing.

The chambermaid Sophia is Kate Boladian, an Australian in LA it seems ... the sleazy guy was an ex stuntman in real life ... all, inc. the director, were in the Marvel world.  College around 2010 says to me ... born around 1993, still Millennial, this was 2017, she'd be into her 30s today. Gets away, time, doesn't it?

Thriller? Not so sure about that ... certainly human drama.

 A man's review:


A woman's review:


Here's my reply to amanda's comment:


(Reminds me of my chambermaid friend in Sicily, the one who showed me around, she's the only real person in The fallen woman of Modica in her real situation, name changed I see. Hmm, I'd not recommend reading it yet, if at all ... am going to rewrite a fair bit of it first.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.