Saturday, July 02, 2022

Saturday [10 to 12]

Probably need brek.

12.  DAD is always in good form

Saturday.

a) How can Someone who is a mother and grandmother do this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10974557/Jill-Biden-thanks-Elmo-getting-vaccine-visiting-childrens-clinic.html

b) No: it's not April 1st.

BBC publishes whistleblowing policy for staff and freelancers to raise concerns as part of its impartiality drive to ensure content is fair, accurate and unbiased.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10973605/BBC-publishes-whistleblowing-policy-staff-raise-concerns-impartiality-drive.html

c) Paul Joseph Watson has a laugh at AndyM.
https://summit.news/2022/07/01/get-woke-go-broke-literally/

11.  Mr. Briggs is also in good form


Buying wine:

“Do you have an ID?”

What for? I bought wine here many times and never needed an ID.

“It’s a new policy.”

Why? Don’t I look old enough?

“Well, we need the ID.”

Why? Do I look anywhere near 21?

“All the major chains [he named them in the area] are now doing it.”

That they are. But why? Do I look too young?

“It’s for your safety.”

Safety? How is it making me safe for you to see my ID?

“It’s policy.”

But why is it policy? I don’t look anywhere near 21.

10.  Another conservative rebel writes a fine essay


And yet, can a conservative really be a rebel?

I have found myself pondering this apparent paradox due to the almost comically perfect contrast between me — a right wing nutcase off the telly — and a friend of mine, a good person but pretty much the poster boy for the metropolitan liberal elite ...

In other words, he is normal to a fault. Normal McNormington, king of the Normies. He also happens to be radically left wing ...

The Normie has somehow gradually shifted to the far left, at least on certain social and cultural issues, while maintaining a veneer of civility around things like the economy ...

I on the other hand drifted most of my early life ... [he goes on to pretty much describe my life too] ...

And so on.  Yep, we tend to be reformed sinners rather than lifelong saints, still susceptible to the old ways ... and yet realising things are on a destructive course and so trying to straighten up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. 12c - Another good one from PJW. Mine gets fitted next month.

    https://summit.news/2022/07/01/germans-struggling-with-support-for-current-thing/

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.