They are very insistent (District Nurse) my Mum (age 91) gets a booster full of this stuff.. What is in the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine that might affect me?
The inactive substances in the vaccine that serve as the vehicle for the drug include polyethylene glycol (PEG). The Green Book advises that a known allergy to PEG is rare, but that undiagnosed PEG allergy should be considered in individuals with a history of severe allergic reactions to certain foods, medication or insect stings.
My Mum is extremely allergic to bee venom. Me (her carer) say no. Anyone now how I can get a AZ booster for her, NHS or private?
12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.
13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
If I start quoting verses like that, then obviously it's Steve's mum, yours, mine, your fathers, on my mind and methinks we've established they're [the medicos] at best ignorant of this thing, at worst mercenary and evil, for the 30 pieces of silver. Or Bulls of Bashan.
Call that overdramatic but it's that serious now for most of us - more usually for our parents and what to do but in my case, not far away myself, so every step must be right ... first rule is to be ultracautious but at the same time, not bunnies caught in headlights.
Here are some thoughts which no doubt you've had too:
1. The family and medical history of the person must be fully known and that's between the two of you, not necessarily here unless it would help - reaction to various meds, plus signs and symptoms, plus you and I are not doctors. Blgr and Ggl speak of 'misleading', well it would be fatal to mislead and for once I agree with them.
Our best advice we've cobbled together over the past year, that's just a background though to know what is definitely contraindicated.
2. There's also the crucial factor of what is already inside the mum or dad or ourselves. Are we natural remedy people, are we essentially fit, strong metabolisms, not? Are we non jabbers as a rule as I am, I do not get jabbed, full stop, or is it otherwise? All of this must go on the table, inc. blood type because that affects it.
Lifestyle? Smoky drinky, teetotal? Sometimes that can help - the Russians swear by vodka in the winter, not omnes blotto but it staves off the nasties in minus two or three degrees. Do you know herbal things? How much do you trust that?
3. Meds we're already on. I'm on heart drugs and have read about some of them being killers of nasties in combination with much liquid through the body, movement each day, e.g. I handwash clothes, not machine. Sunshine, D3. Active mind, e.g. this blog. Isolation except for shopping once a week. Wash hands far more important after than masks. Never use same mask etc. if forced to have to shop.
I also have a constant drip drip of tonic with slice of lemon always on the benchtop, plastic lid over glass. Not 24/7 but if I'm passing. Dark choc now and then, if I feel it start in the throat, then instant strepsil. Diet vital, wide nutrients.
4. The bullying by the NHS [or other medics in other countries]. Is private going to be better? Do you know the doc? Is he/she a karen? Also, how resistant to pressure [see the bible quote again] is your parent or even you?
The number one decision is how far the doc knows or how far you know? If the decision is wrong, it's curtains. What is the personal view of the jabbee? They may feel long term lack of immunity is not such an issue, I know an old person like that now, who am I to tell her if her mind is set?
I don't need to say the two of you must be constantly conversing, offer a strong arm of course, that's what we're here for. Strongarming your olds is not good, just because we see and know what we do here at this site. That's for us and the olds. All these decisions ...
5. Sleep. Air, shut out distractions, trust someone, be calm. Sleep in my case is vital.
6. The question of connecting with your Maker. That's between you and Him, not my biz but if you need, we have experts among our readers who do know their stuff, I don't.
7. The good thing about this blog is that hopefully many will advise, I'll even post some provax for balance in comments here. To my mind, that's the only point of this blog - some sort of service with what we have found out.
Decision is always yours in the end or rather, the one on the end of it.