Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The Carmen and the Ingenue

If there are any redeeming features of my fictional output, it's that it often gets on a roll and those parts are not bad and the other is the characterisation.  Once you make someone something, you can't really go changing it round to suit the plot.

If the character is in 3D, then there are things he or she simply cannot do ... and thus we come to the issue of the 29 year old virgin which has forced me to go back to Chapter 8 forward and rewrite her. Because, as he asked in bed with her, if you're a virgin, then what exactly can we do together here, now?  Virginity rediscovered?

And I half knew the idea that she's not 'completely' a virgin while in the arms of a man was not unlike being 'a little bit' pregnant - that it was a load of faeces.  She was not unhappy with being starkers before one another, so at what point is that virginity therefore lost?  Certainly modesty was.  

On the other hand, with one class of kids I taught who were at the pool for swimming lessons, one girl of maybe ten was starkers and she did get the abuse from peers and also staff.

I was not happy about that at all, not because I needed to get off on her but because she clearly had had no upbringing which said it was wrong. She just assumed it was fine. We got around it with the lady teacher who was with me taking her aside and pointing out that certain things were starting to sprout and in our society etc. etc. I was wondering about the parents in all this.

Another issue which really annoyed me was telling a kid Santa does not exist. Fine - tell the parents not to tell him that in the first place but don't disillusion the kid just to be nasty.  In my case, I caught my father nicking and eating the biks and drinking the lemonade before he went to bed - that was my coming of age on Santa.  Devastated?  No, it was more like 'caught you, you thieving bstd', only not in those words of course to one's father.

So, back to the 29 year old virgin - what to do?  Is such a person possible these days?  How does she react to everything going on out there?   She must have been a cheerleader at some point [about 0:59 here]:


The thighs on that were astounding. By the way, is it lascivious to admire shape, as in Wimmin on Bikes, or is it only lascivious if you want to take her there and then?

And in the book, if the two suitors already know each other to look at in the altogether, have they committed premarital or are they still OK? And is it adultery to lust after someone you plan to marry?  What if you take her in your arms before marriage?  Where's the Rubicon?

And as for the 'would you like your daughter doing that' - that's a fair question.  Some of those shuffling girls were nice but it was actually a male who wrote to me that she was out of order because of the brevity of those shorts.  Which then brings in the question - does she have it coming when the Mussies gang rape her?  All these are valid questions.

What about me, the blogger?  Should I feature wimmin on bikes or is it crossing the line to even admire what wimmin are?  The advantage I, the novella writer, have is that I made her a bit sexually reserved in the first place so she's not going to be doing anything full on before marriage. And if she says you have to marry me to have any of this, is that sexual blackmail?

I believe all of these are valid questions and are therefore appropriate as a sub-theme in the book. It's close to the end of writing and yet is as far away from being completed as a distant star.

...........

By the way - the Mitch Ryder version of the Righteous Bros song - just adore dominant bass which just takes over and puts the song into a powerful rhythm.  Just can't imagine a song without good bass.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmmm. Shuffle girls in tight shorts. At least they are not flashing their knickers, which, frankly, always gets my attention. Figure hugging clothes are designed for just that. Some do wear short 'flip'skirts' which do the attraction job, probably even more. I am still a red-blood chap despite advancing years (there will be a lot of scrubbing in Purgatory, I predict) and I do try --- really ---- to admire the footwork.

    The female form was, is and always will be a delight. Bike or no bike. Pretty or plain of face. I will always 'look'. Sorry but that's m'nature. Would I want my daughter showing such intimate form? No. I am a hypocrit. So scrub me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.