Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Housekeeping - comments

If you find there are problems getting your comment through, particularly if it is linked, then we have a failsafe in place - if you go here:

https://nourishingobscurity.wordpress.com/2021/01/25/admin-page-for-readers/

... you will find this:

Admin page for readers

Nourishing Obscurity blogs at https://nourishingobscurity.blogspot.com/

This post here is for known readers, in case something is preventing you commenting over there. Idea is that I will come over here every so often, copy your comment and/or links and post them over there.

For the homepage here with other links, go to the opaque grey navbar above, hover across to the left to ‘Home’, click.

Just leave your comment there and I'll get to it asap.

The nature of moderation at this site


Je deteste moderation, vastly preferring open commenting ... but without a first comment moderated system, as with WordPress, it is fraught, not secure at a blog like ours.

There are two other variants - sometimes moderated and captcha - and both have issues of comments lost to the ether, being blocked and so on, none of which I am personally doing to you.

There is always that issue, in moderating comments, of the commenter wanting to make a point immediately, not in two hours at the whim of some blogger sitting in judgement.  I've no time for that bollox. If I comment at someone's blog and it says it's in the moderation queue, I for one am not hanging about to see it posted, things to do, I go to the next site in the rounds.

Just letting you know that if you were a regular or occasional at the old blog, then it pings my email, I go in near enough to immediately and publish your comment, go back to what I was doing.  For maybe 95% of the week, this works fine. 

Today, however, I have appointments and that will take me away from my email [not on the phone]. It's a rare thing for me to go out but this is one such occasion, sorry. I shall always telegraph to you the rare occasions it happens.

None of the above though [cough] applies to the blacklisted, of whom there are a few - if they were at the previous site, they are here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.