Saturday, June 20, 2020

11 a.m. notes

1.  Comments

Your comments are getting to the site but I don't know what obstacles you're facing, what with being inside.  Here's the panel I fill in:



At your end, if it's anything like Blogger sites I visit, sometimes a notice shows which says that the comment will appear after admin approval ... and sometimes it does not.  I want that notice to appear but don't know how to do it.  In the meantime, assume that the comment is going to moderation and will appear a.s.a.p. ... the alternative is captcha, which is horrible, it asks you to choose traffic lights, zebra crossings and all that ... total turnoff.  Moderation is the less bad option.

No idea what that last panel is about in the screenshot.

Comments so far, as of 11:04, are by DR and Toodles.  Ta muchly for those.

2.  Still locked out

Just checked and it does seem N.O. is gone at the other address for me.  However, there are two people who can get in and I'm going to ask if they would go into widgets and retrieve the key posts html in the sidebar which I can then add here - posts such as pizza and flynn.

The other site [the main until yesterday] will not be deleted - things in the pipeline.

3.  No 'Recent Comments' gadget

At the main N.O., the sidebar had your comments listed but there does not appear to be any such widget or gadget in Blogger.  if someone knows about this, maybe they could say.

7 comments:

  1. 1. The notice does appear - no problem there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It says "Your comment will be visible after approval."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just seeing what happens for those of us without a goog account

    Scrolled down to name/url and entered name and entered. Caption in yellow came up "Comment with your goog account if you'd like to be able to manage your comments in future. If you comment anonymously, you won't be able to edit or delete your comment. Learn more"

    Now about to post publish. Last time (on other post) when I pressed "publish" there was no notice about going into approval or moderation. Not a big issue for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Useful, ta. Seems to be no comment issue, thank goodness, despite what Ggl say up front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obviously you're not well, you've not asked us what we're eating today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not well, no, haven't asked yet but shall try tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. The only Comments system that bugs me and therefore I don't use is your fellow Scriblerus, Mark Wadsworth's.
    It only allows comments by logging in with Google. I read the blogs on a Kindle and my Google password is random ten characters which I cannot remember and can't be arsed entering on kindle keyboard.
    Captcha and other methods I do not mind.
    The option of editing for a short while after hitting Publish I find very useful, as well as a message telling me the comment has been received - stops me re- publishing.
    Otherwise grateful for your efforts and for the opportunity to my own tuppenceworth. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.