Saturday, September 12, 2009

[thought for the day] saturday evening


It's been a long time since this was run, mainly, I suppose because I ran out of good quotes, I got bored wie-it and Deogulwulf runs a cottage industry in it. However, a real rip-snorter came up today and here it is:

Women often boast about whom they could kill but, in my experience, when faced with even the remotest risk of injury they tend to hide behind the men. Women talk of killing, safe in the belief that they are unlikely ever to have to kill. Men live with the knowledge that one day they may have to hazard their own lives to take that of another, and so killing has less appeal for them. Nevertheless, men willingly take on the dirty work that women, ever 'prepared' to kill, fear to do.

[William Gruff, Kentish Man, now of Lancashire [now corrected], c.2009]

6 comments:

  1. Depends on the person. I know some guys I wouldn't count on at all, and I also know a few women who would be downright dangerous, especially if anything threatens their children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you married, Bob? Don't answer that. All married men are diplomatic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a completly different world any way you look at it, but it is not my experience that women talk the talk. I've even known several women who liked to take a beating; never knew a man who did.

    A woman may occasionally shoot or cut, remove your tool in your sleep, take a wack from behind, maybe run you over with a car if you've really upset her; but only those who are close. Forget ninja swordfights.

    It is poison she uses when not in a rage, and in this she is quietly prolific. Men never use poison, unless they are KGB assasins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a Lancastrian; I'm actually a Kentish Man (and not a Man of Kent).

    Many thanks for your efforts on my behalf: I need the publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For non-Kentish Men, here is an explanation of what William means. West of the Medway, he was born.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Women tend to be risk abverse with everything as this makes them ideal mothers. Men on the other hand are explorers and take lots of risks.

    If women were in charge back in the stone age we would never have exited as they would have been scared of people cutting themselves on sharp bits of rock.

    Howver, there are times when we should be cautious about risks and yet we continue along as before.

    Such is life.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.