Thursday, September 10, 2009

[late evening listening] battle of the sounds

In days of yore, with Bandstand, Ed Sullivan and so on, many radio stations ran Battles of the Sounds or something with a similar name. They were always doing "versus" competitions, e.g. Elvis v The Beatles and so on.

Well let's try one of these. Here are four for your delectation. Which do you vote for?

Mac the Knife's contribution [I want a hairstyle and lips like that]:



Dearieme's contribution:



The Economic Voice's contribution:



My contribution - a lilting ballad for the sensitive:



Oh gosh, which one?

11 comments:

  1. An idle boast, but Dearieshe heard the Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers number live. Oh yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok my idle boast is I played with Elvis's drummer a few months ago...he is 78 and still has perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Hob, a student ball in about '65 or '66, long before I knew her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like the theme of elderly musos still going, you'll like Sunday's music here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy anything that is real James...

    I will give you an example.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkcmB8a1cn8

    I look forward to Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for Dearieme's song.
    'Goodness, gosh' The Bird song would drive one mental.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all that. Yes Uber, I suspected the Surfin' Bird might not do too well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Lord, Hudson-Ford. I haven't thought of that song since I was a lot, lot smaller!

    I would have to go with Surfin Brid though

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Good Lord, Hudson-Ford"

    That's the title of my Xmas No. 1, right there...

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.