Tuesday, August 25, 2009

[oh no] well, only to be expected

This was in the email this morning:

News Alert
09:22 PM EDT Monday, August 24, 2009
Obama to Nominate Bernanke to Second Term as Fed Chairman

President Obama to announce Tuesday that he is nominating Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to a second term.

For more information, visit washingtonpost.com

I would like comments from the knowledgeable on the implications of this, please. Meanwhile, there is this:

Four steps to get us all out of debt in two years

2 comments:

  1. I console myself with the thought that I was equally qualified for the job but an American citizen was preferred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can offer no expert opinion, so I will offer an inexpert one. I was warned off Bernacke as soon as he made claim to be expert on the role of money in the Great Depression. A person who becomes an expert in something is as likely to be spectacularly wrong as he is expertly right. The fact that he did not tie himself to a post outside the Federal Reserve some years ago and scream truth and consequences is proof that he is an expert at being wrong.
    It is, at least, interesting to see how history, when it does not repeat itself, does manage to rhyme.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.