Tuesday, August 11, 2009

[fetish] when is it just a preference


Fetish, addiction, preference - are they a continuum from extreme down to mild? Must a fetish be purely sexual? Can one have a fetish for women in general - that is, the whole woman is the fetish ... or is that an addiction, a compulsion?

Can something banal and repeated by necessity be a fetish? For example you might really be crazy for curries because there's something you really like about rice. Who knows? Can it be a colour, e.g. red or maybe a black hijab?

Olga Kurylenko is into bondage:



Are fetishes always bad or can they be healthy? Can there be reverse fetishes, i.e. you take a strong dislike to certain things? As distinct from a phobia, it's more a distaste.

I was asked if I had a fetish for shoes. Don't think so. Hope not. I can't seriously think of anything I'm that addicted to - sailing, women, nature, conversation: they'd be the closest I'd come to having a fetish.

And you?

3 comments:

  1. I think your too labels sum it up.

    Me I don't think I have any, but there again perhaps it would be better to ask my friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fetish can be an excessive devotion. Perhaps I exaggerate about my love of ties but I do have a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will have to think on that...not sure if i have any...as you said, Cherry others might know better.. ;)
    and then, it might just be a preference :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.