Thursday, May 15, 2008

[thought for the day] thursday evening


Possibly not the most intelligent decision, beneath a conceivably descending scimitar, to indulge in Leonard Cohen:

As someone long prepared for the occasion;
In full command of every plan you wrecked -
Do not choose a coward's explanation
That hides behind the cause and the effect

Ha, ha, how did he know that? So, in lieu of an operational net connection, whisky and Cohen is a heady brew:

I was pretty good at taking out the garbage
Pretty good at holding up the wall
I'm sorry for my crimes against the moonlight
I didn't think the moon would mind at all

There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

So you can stick your little pins in that voodoo doll
I’m very sorry, baby, doesn’t look like me at all

But I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that Time cannot decay,
I'm junk but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet.

I wish you all good evening and see you come the day.

:)

4 comments:

  1. Well, maybe LC lyrics provide the release from tension that you need, so I don't think it's a daft decision. Here's hoping things look a lot better, come the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate waiting too! (& bad net connections!)

    Wishing you the best for tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something for everyone in the great Leonard Cohen's body of work but not much peace for you tonight I'm sure. But we know you will survive whatever happens.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.