Thursday, May 15, 2008

[interim report] indecisive signs

This post is specifically for the friends who have shown a kind interest in my situation of the past three weeks and its denouement today.

The news is that there's no actual news but most definitely some signs. Three or four of us are reviewing those signs right now, trying to see if they indicate anything. Various representations were made on my behalf and I have no way of knowing how they went.

However, this morning I was asked to submit all my documents [passport etc.]. That's all. This is being viewed by some positively but it could equally mean that they want one final look before definitively saying no. I'm being advised not to think this way.

The other move is that the Min will be in town tomorrow and wants to see me at 2. That also could be a good or a bad sign. So the fact that the authorities have been so swift - they promised to give an answer some time today or after today and asked for the docs first thing this morning - well best to just wait until tomorrow and put it out of mind in the meantime.

Another problem which has cropped up is that there is something wrong with my internet connection. Either it is the provider or it is what the Mac says - a problem of the port connection. Hope it's the former but it means I get internet for a few minutes only.

Therefore this has been pretyped and posted quickly. I'll try to come back with a thought for the day later but apologize that I haven't been able to check any mail today.

Plus we've had no hot water in our house for a week and no one knows when it will come back but the good news is that the lift has started working again. Lovely cool 8 degrees today with hail and 25 knot winds.

More later if the internet works.

16 comments:

  1. Glad to see a post from you. Been wondering all day how you are. Like you say it's best to wait until tomorrow and put it out of your mind until then. I hope you looking for something, anything, to take your mind off it rather than dwell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope it all works out well for you, I have been wondering how you had got on. Hopefully you can find something to take your mind of it.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping that everything goes OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people's fingers crossed but must help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck James. I've my fingers crossed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, James, still thinking of you here. I would tend to view the signs as positive. Really sympathise about the water! Just hang on in there .. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS: Sent you a very important email just now so hope you can get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date James, despite your spotty internet. Everyone is on edge with you, you know, hoping for the very best. May it all be in your favour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope it all works out the way you want it to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to thank you for these thoughts and can say there has been a little movement at this end but what it signifies I won't know until later today.

    Many moves planned today and hope to have better news later. I've answered the personal e-mails but will get to the blogpost comments this evening and then to your sites.

    A man is coming today who'll look at the internet connection - it could be a port problem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you at this trying time.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you at this trying time.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.