Wednesday, January 09, 2008

[to hell with it] bed or oblivion

There are times, after months of fighting alone that a man needs to just go to bed and have a sleep. That's what I'm going to do now on this minus 26 degree night.

It wasn't so much Matt's little debate with me here that drained the energy but Calum Carr's cheap insults earlier in lieu of reasoned argument certainly exacerbated the process.

There is so much arguing from false premises, people writing to you professing friendship but then acting against you, so much failure to stand up and uphold agreed principles, so much misrepresentation via a mailing list of the true state of affairs, so much falsehood.

And friends who remain silent.

I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I've only just seen what has been written, James. I've been busy adding the finishing touches to Becky's driving; she has her test tomorrow.

    I think the majority of those who have read what you have had to say in recent days are on your side; whether they admit it or not. I certainly am, as you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...that I've been trying to expose a charlatan for some time." Nice Spanish, heh! Sorry if I've been one of the silent ones. I haven't been following the full spat but am reading a bit from one of the links you posted here. I'm leaving on Sunday and I'm so nerve-wracked right now with preparation. See ya.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.