Tuesday, January 15, 2008

[björk] berserkist tradition revived


Photographer for the New Zealand Herald Glenn Jeffrey accused Icelandic singer-songwriter Björk of attacking him at the airport in Auckland in New Zealand yesterday. He said she had attacked him for no good reason and torn his T-shirt.

“I took a couple of pictures and I got about three or four frames of her [...] and as I turned and walked away she came up behind me, grabbed the back of my black skivvy [long T-shirt] and tore it down the back,” Jeffery told the New Zealand Herald.

This is not the first time that Björk has lashed out at the media. Twelve years ago she attacked a TV reporter at the airport in Bangkok after the reporter allegedly harassed her and her son. Björk later apologized for the incident.

Perhaps this desire to unclothe the reporter stemmed from her deeply held belief that wearing more than a few leaves posed a grave mental health risk. Or was it some sort of race memory of her forebears, the Berserks, once again asserting itself?

3 comments:

  1. That is a really great picture of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, leave the lass alone. if we were stalked and harrassed continously, I reckon we'd have a few beserk moments too. I certainly would. I don't know why Amy Winehouse hasn't swung for one of the paps that hound her yet - she is literally followed by a mad posse every time she steps out of the house.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.