Sunday, September 16, 2007

[a good read] better than a good … er … drink

My goodness, Liz is a lovely blogger and I go there, as to an oasis. Also a sort of oasis is reading, as she reports:

Younger Son has been teased by his friend who says book-readers are gay. YS has responded by digging out some of his favourite books to try to persuade friend to read them. But he isn't optimistic; he shrugs as he says, 'He has no imagination.'

Isn't reading cathartic [using the term in its general sense]? Isn't it wonderful curling up on a Sunday or whenever and really getting into a book, drink at hand, turning the pages?

People, will you forgive me but the last post has depressed me enough to exit the net this evening, pray for the world and then curl up with either a book or a lady.

Have a lovely evening, good people and see you on the morrow.

If we're alive, that is ...

7 comments:

  1. Well, I hope you've had a whisky and a cuddle with a book or lady or both. There's nothing like unwinding with a drink and a book, agreed, and a dog, I find, is more faithful than a man. Cyber-cuddles from Sicily from Simi and me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only tend to read non-fiction really.

    That and Fantasy.- I'm rereading the original Conan stories right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A book is always a good refreshment for the evening- I've just been reading Seneca. But anything will do! Have a nice relaxing evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now I'm depressed too. Luckily the males in my family are voracious readers. The females too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had both too James :) Love reading! I like your new look of your blog!

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Younger Son has been teased by his friend who says book-readers are gay"

    Now where do we get this sort of language from? Nobody used this sort of accusation when I roamed the playing fields of my youth. Sounds like a cultural import to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thank you, James. That is so kind of you.

    I too hope you found comfort in a cuddle. Like welshcakes, I'll send cyber-cuddles. (From Wales of course.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.