Monday, August 06, 2007

[3rd photo quiz] try your hand

Click the photo for a better look.

Half a mark for each part of each question, adding up to ten marks overall but with two possible bonus half points as well:

1. Who was he and what was his union?

2. British poet who wrote about it and name of the bird

3. Work and sculptor please

4. His name and country if you can

5. The Roman who took his surrender and his name - bonus half-point if spelt correctly

6. Which city is it and what do they call a division of it?

7. The ancient wonder and the painter of the picture

8. Neil Armstrong is known. Who were the second and third and what was the flight?

9. Word starting with "d" for this type, the name of the ship and the decade - bonus half point for the exact year of the disaster

Answers here.

6 comments:

  1. lost on 4 - is that the patriarch?

    and on 5 am unsure whether that is vercingetorix surrendering to caesar.

    others are easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it was Dali, and I failed two, because I couldn't recognise the Bird.
    One of my favorite poets as well!
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 3/4. I gave myself 3/4 because I didn't remember Collins in no 8. No bonus marks I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crushed - well done. One of your better results. JMB - that's a mighty result. I'm amazed that anyone knew Jimmy Hoffa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half way there with 5 out of 10 (and no bonus points). In some bizarre twist of coincidence I was actually reading some stuff about Hoffa and Teamsters on wikipedia yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.