Thursday, May 03, 2007

[misconceptions] about women and posts on them

There were some misconceptions as to what I was actually saying about women in the earlier post , possibly because I failed to spell it out, so let me summarize the points again, only this time as statements of what I do believe:

Belief 1 Women should be careful not to be haughty - it doesn't become them.

Belief 2 Young is not always more desirable.

Belief 3 A woman never ceases to be desirable with age.

Belief 4 Expensive does not mean desirable.

Belief 5 Nagging matters a lot.

Belief 6 Large age differences don't work.

Belief 7 It's preferable to be with someone than alone.

Belief 8 It's never too late.

Despite my arguments supporting N7, most people disagreed with this. My friend today put this down to age - younger people see being independent and alone as desirable. I'm not so sure it's not the older ones as well.

Biggest surprise of all was that when I ran this post past 17 girls 20 years of age today, there was almost complete support for N2 and N3 but quite a few were against N6.

N1, N4, N5 and N8 were generally supported.

When I said I was looking only at the 30 to 60 age range, there were wry smiles from those closeby and the girl standing closest to me murmured, her voice heavy with irony: "Oh really?"

You can't fool anyone these days.

I suppose what I was trying to do is narrow down the notion of a "good woman" in my mind. Ellee said:

"I certainly don't conform to your visions of womanhood, and neither do most of my girlfriends."
Actually, that's precisely what Ellee does do and she and Welshcakes were the two I had in mind when I was thinking of the woman I'd most like to be with.

8 comments:

  1. quite a few were against N6

    Somebody fancies you James ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, James, you've made my evening - I've gone all soft now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WC [he coughs politely].

    Wolfie - would that it were so. The main one who said it is such a honey but I mustn't say anything because those girls are in the site this evening, seeing what I said about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James, I think your next vacation should be to Sicily.

    I hear it's lovely in the spring. Very romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see I understood just what you were saying....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah-ha,

    Is Ruthie being a bit of the matchmaker? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's gently steering me away from herself, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I think I got all that James, first time round. I agree with most except 7. It's nice to have someone to be with but it must be in a healthy relationship. Better to be alone than with the wrong person.

    You certainly stirred things up for a bit. If you are feeling the lack of comments you know what to do about it next time.
    jmb

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.