Wednesday, April 11, 2007

[simplicity] something to strive for


We have this unofficial competition going on over here as to who can live the more simply.

Of course it's rubbish, the fact that I'm writing to you on the net now is testimony to that but still, we like to aim for simplicity.

In that frame of mind I phoned my buddy [using his vernacular] and told him the big news of the day:

"I bought a cabbage."

This caused such a stir at that end that the girl he was 'coaching' at the time just had to come on line and discuss this mammoth purchase with me. After a bit of chat with the young lady, my mate came back on line with:

"So you enjoy your cabbage and I'll enjoy Lina."

B-st-d. My revenge comes this afternoon.

By the way, the sun's out and they still have the central heating on, can you believe, so I have to use the airconditioner to counter it.

Such is life over here.

1 comment:

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.