Tuesday, April 24, 2007

[oviedo] easter parade or kkk

Before we go any further, if you saw these people in the photo coming at you, what would you think? Who do you think they look like? Would you think they were benevolent, some sort of danger to you or wouldn't you think anything?

Wolfie reports, from Oviedo:

This was the first time I’d managed to visit Spain during the Easter holidays and I was particularly looking forward to seeing the Easter parades with their colourful and somewhat macabre outfits. The area surrounding the Asturian city of Oviedo is home to my wife’s ancestral family roots and for some reason I found myself having an immediate affinity to the impeccably well mannered people, the beautiful mountainous green land and wholesome rustic cuisine.

Read the whole post, look at the other photos and see what you think.

8 comments:

  1. I think that if they came downmy street now I would be concerned. If I went to Spain and went to a show I would be happy to see them.

    Jeez,I'm more concerned if I see a cop car driving down our street now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think they were in the Klu Klux Klan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie is right, it is very creepy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like many symbols used throughout time, it looks like the KKK borrowed from Spain to create their garb.
    Hitler borrowed the swastika from circa 100BC, when it was used to represent good. Hitler turned it into a negative.

    WM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I've always thought they looked like the kkk. Surely all this goes back to the Inquisition?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting to read your comments here because it looked that way to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It dates back to the Druids. The Spanish are descendants of the Visigoths/Vandals (as are we in the UK).

    I should add that most of them are actually middle-aged women under there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.