Thursday, January 11, 2007

[word verification] can’t we lower the tone

Be honest - Don’t you look up to the tattooed Posherexia as your role model?

You know, while you’ve all been surfing around, reading about Kate Middleton and Posherexia and so on, I’ve also been surfing and coming up against the deeply annoying but necessary Word Verification in most cases.

Or else I was being told that my language is not the same as the poster’s or that I had to now prove I was human. Strange, I’d thought we were both writing in English and I feel semi-human.

That got me to thinking about this. Aren’t there a lot of ‘q’s and ‘z’s in WV? Have you noticed? Then came this one: twaton. Of course, that’s how to relieve the boredom. We could have a variety of pre-packaged WV gems mixed in with the regular nonsense. For example:

# ertoss
# ushloofl
# uroftsul


And so on. Perhaps you could dream up some of your own. Then having to type in that dross, ably assisted by the autohelp’s suggestions, would be less of a burden.

3 comments:

  1. bizarrely whilst posting the other day, for every blod i had the same WV.

    It was Smertin.

    The Russia Football captain's reach is onbvioulsy deeper than I could have imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a terrible pic, she looks so boney. I hope she treats herself to a few Big Macs when she hits Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smertin - could be an omen, CityUnslicker. Ellee - it is pretty appalling, isn't it? And yet the website I nicked it from said: "When she's hot, she's hot."

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.