Monday, January 15, 2007

[coincidence] a touch of light romance

Do you believe in coincidences?

I mean, apart from the obvious ones such as George W. Bush, Anthony C.L. Blair and John W. Howard, respectively, putting their countries onto emergency powers footing, [here, here and here].

Or pushing ID cards onto an unwilling public [here, here and here], in an era of relative peace and prosperity for their respective countries.

No, I mean coincidences like this and this and this, for example.

Or take today, for example. I came out of the Ministry to go home, then decided to go back in, to the attached cafĂ© to eat big. There’s a lady I’ve had my eye on for some time and guess what? She was standing at the entrance, speaking on the mobile, alone, she hadn’t eaten, my regular table was free and so I write to you now quite chipper, as we might say and not even the direness of the world’s events can conspire to make me slit my wrists, [at least not for another hour or so].

Which brings me to the next point about the chemistry between men and women. What is it about a pretty woman that makes the blood circulate so swiftly, straightens the back, pulls in the paunch and puts one on one’s best behaviour?

1 comment:

  1. Well done!

    As for coincidences... this may happen, or that may happen, but it's what you do with it that counts.

    In day to day comings and goings, you were likely to encounter the fine lady at some point. When the moment came, you decided which way to turn.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.