Friday, October 06, 2006

[veils] er ... what's the problem here

Forgive me but am I a tad stupid here? I've read Bryan Appleyard; I've read the other bloggers, I've read the MSM on the issue. Er ... why would Jack Straw order a woman to remove her veil? Is she concealing weapons or something? As supposedly pro-Jewish and pro-British and pro-Right, maybe I shouldn't be questioning this but I don't see the actual problem with the woman wearing what she wants, unless it constitutes a security risk, of course. If the Hassids want to wear their regalia or the Masons wish to wear their aprons, what's that to us? Let the Scots wear their kilts - what seems to be the problem?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you on this. It is up to the individual about what they wear, not a politician. It is none of his business. From Robert Wooller.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.