Saturday, October 07, 2006

[blogbattle] stephen pollard and oliver kamm

Stephen Pollard and Oliver Kamm are the two gentlemen through whom I came to blogging in the first place and therefore I have a respectful admiration for both. So when I see a little tiff between the two, it’s more than interesting. Stephen began with this and Oliver answered with this, to which Stephen replied with this. My spurious comment left on Stephen’s blog indicates that I think both are being a little precious about the whole thing. It matters that one addresses another correctly and respectfully but how far can and should this be taken? Of course, both honourable gentlemen will claim it's in no way a tiff and to keep my nose out of it but still ... it's hard to resist, isn't it? And should I be writing Mr. Kamm and Mr. Pollard? Would this upset the egalitarian blogosphere?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.