Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Wednesday [7 to 11]

(0647) No good feature vlogs just now, so let’s go with another polit-post.  Sky is bleah out there, very Gates-ish. (1003)

11.  The three letter sites



10.  IYE


9.  Just chatting with the painter

… about football and rugby … I made the point that football’s a game for gentlemen played by thugs, while rugby’s a game for thugs played by gentlemen.  He’s football, I’m rugby.

He’s a thorough gentleman of my vintage and I’m a right bstd. He saw the cold glint in my eye but still I’m nowhere near big enough for openside flanker.  Matters little when you’re a projectile immediately above his knees. They all come down, whatever the size. They can drag you ten yards but they do eventually come down.

There might be a lesson in that for tomorrow.

8.  Lady called Natalie Hood, seems to be DJ and artist

… just posted to X on her mum, which to my mind was right to do … shan’t post it all but it obviously chilled me in my situation and possibly in a few of your cases too.  

Thing was … there was no one at the funeral except for the officials and her.  There are two sides to our brain and the one which feels says that that’s appalling. The other side of the brain, the thinking side, wonders why there was no one else … maybe this NH was sole carer, maybe the old lady was alone or had been in a care home … my thought is that NH should at least have put something in the local rag, contacted at least a few.

I was honoured, some weeks back, that a lady who’d died, who had wanted only family, had included me in that and obviously I had to break my unbreakable rule … no funerals, they do my ’ed in the closer it gets to my own.  Sometimes, when we’re not invited, maybe it’s best not to go.

As for my own … well, it’s been discussed, the outline’s been mapped out but I can see a situation where everything suddenly changes in the macro, not micro world before that … turned on its head … new realities.  

Point’s been made that a person should have his will for disbursement and then a second page about organisational things … whom to notify etc., wishes etc. … non-binding on the executor but afap.  Quite like that idea. Also a third page on where everything can now be found.

And it should be done soonish.

7.  Early roundup

a.  Tra*** horror continues:

https://www.newsweek.com/west-virginia-transgender-athlete-title-ix-track-field-1896574


b.  The ethics of the Wokerati (one):

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/pharmacists-continuing-refuse-ivermectin-prescriptions-raising-ethical-concerns


c.  The ethics of the Wokerati (two):


d.  Another demographic you can make your mind up about (no url):


e.  Not linked by me … interesting in passing:

1 comment:

  1. 7b: It is a well known fact to those who know it well, that any beauracracy contains many levels of those who can say 'NO!', and vanishingly few who can say 'yes, please.'

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.