Thursday, May 02, 2024

Thursday [7 to 9]

(1000) Thur-mat around 1230 to 1300 (1115)

9.  Very little today in the way of news






Wonder who that last lady could be? It’s a mystery to me.

8.  Duane Eddy R.I.P.


One of the Brylcreem boys. I’m very sad about it … way too young, me, to have been part of the scene and yet I briefly was. Summer, seaside, one of the holidaying kids (parents elsewhere) at the carnival which had pulled into town … they’d set up a boxing ring.

Into that ring came “old” kids, late t**ns, awesome we all thought, dressed for the hop or whatever … jive … girls in flowing skirts … this was the generation diagonally ahead of us … very twangy guitar, blaring sax … we thought wow … as in … like wow. It was like something from Grease only it was real and I was there nearby. Like wow.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duane_Eddy

Cancer, eh … 86 was pretty good going … I’d be delighted by 86 … but not cut short like that. Was thinking, you know … if 86 is pretty good, well I still have plenty of years … must not be greedy you know. But of course, world affairs might have the major say in all of our futures.

🍿🍿🍿

7.  Yousaf continues

https://churchmousec.wordpress.com/2024/05/01/scotland-a-humza-yousaf-retrospective-part-1/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.