Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Tuesday [9 to 11]

(1017)(1038)

11.  Isilme’s Crafty Tuesday

Today I did a pile of ironing and then rewarded myself with doing a bit of crafting. I made a card using a brown background I'd made. I'd been using every colour of ink except the brown because it didn't seem to behave like the others - it seemed thicker. 

Well, when I came to use it, it separated on the card and actually looked very good. Being watercolour paper, it had a texture to it and it looked a bit coffee-ish. So I looked around for some coffee themed stickers I bought eons ago. 

I'd not used them at all before, so it was a bit of a shock when the stiff sticker turned out to be something like sticky-backed tissue paper backed with acetate. It was so thin it threatened to stick to itself and mess up completely. I'm amazed I managed to (almost) centre it on the scalloped circle! 

In the end I was very pleased with the result. There is space below the circle to put Happy Birthday if I want to, or I might use it as a note card. We'll see.


I also made another little paper house. I've made a few recently. Really it's a Christmassy thing - you make a little village, or put them on a wreath or garland, or hang them from the tree. But I just had a bit of fun.

Sparkly red house:


Little houses:


10. Short addition to the housekeeping

I’d written that bit you saw earlier:

“This is precisely what the issue is … sidetracked down slip roads, such that the important things are let slip … things are lost in what is perceived as oh so vital that day … without seeing what has been lost overall, what has been planned that we lose? 

But it does make me mentally think we don’t have all that many years left … we must decide what’s important in priority order and hope we get it right.”

If that sounds blather … just received a text from the energy provider, asking me to text them now so they can check if I’m paying over or under what I should.

You wot?

As I was posting Isilme, a girl in my second life had an issue which had to be addressed right now, plus I’d said 1030 for this post … also because the “shopper” is packing my food right now and wants to know some things … and that’s only because I was able to get the order in by 0900:


Now that does not look to me like a quiet, retired life, rocking in my rocking chair. I’m sure it’s similar for you … pace has picked up and if it hasn’t, they make it so by arranging probs and giving tasks you don’t even need.

At some stage, you must say no … get in line. Trouble is … with close people, we can’t do that … if we want them to stay close. And that includes N.O. readers, inc. droppers.

9.  MftWC too

a.  American militants already lying dead on Russian territory (Videos 18+) | https://southfront.press/americans-militants-already-lying-dead-on-russian-territory-videos-18/

b.  Medvedev, warns West(ern) henchmen. Macron, troops in Odessa. Cameron; UK-France entente to fight Russia - Alex Christoforou | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyskE4tvwDw

c.  Detained terrorists begin to reveal details of attack in Crocus City Hall, name their curator | https://southfront.press/detained-terrorists-begin-to-reveal-details-of-attack-in-crocus-city-hall-name-their-curator/

d.  Russia Furious Ukraine Attacks Zaporozhie NPP, Kiev Military Crisis, Begs Patriots; Macron Plans Troops [The] Ukraine - Alexander Mercouris | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRywwp1XZGI

e.  Russian military completely reconstituted', Biden admin effectively admits it lied | https://southfront.press/russian-military-completely-reconstituted-biden-admin-effectively-admits-it-lied/

3 comments:

  1. 10. This is the busiest live blog I have ever encountered, especially when it's all run by just the one person. Your busyness puts me to shame, honestly I don't know how you manage it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our guys and two gals deliver in a usable way … most times it’s just there and ready to go … thank goodness … so planning the day works fine … just had delivery, now cooking, bins, shop to pay utilities, put the bedside table together while light enough … as long as someone doesn’t come along and try to bgr it up. That’s for me to make sure of. That’s about it really.

      Delete
  2. Toodles~
    I like how Is made lemonade out of her cofffee!

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.