Friday, April 19, 2024

Try these

As I have no current video on trains, planes etc., let’s try bringing the quiz fwd and running it as an all day affair … at least until all are answered or just before the final post of the day, whichever arrives sooner.  Next post around 1030.
  1. Most influential artist of the Fl**ish B*r*q** tradition
  2. Artist who painted Personal Values in 1952?
  3. German art school known for its “doctrine of functionalism”?
  4. Which artist sketched Waterfall and Relativity in strange perspective?
  5. Grant Wood’s 1930 painting of farmer and daughter?
  6. J-F M, one of the founders of the Barbizon school.
  7. Highly realistic Russian painter of nature, esp. forests.

10 comments:

  1. 1. Breughel (Peter?) - the only flemish artist I can think of!

    5. American Gothic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 good. N1 I ran with naked, well fed ladies you might recall. Nat Gallery post. N7 first name Ivan. Yelabuga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon - No.7 Ivan Shishkin. I too have a Russian friend. Sorry if that is cheating a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything but cheating … we use whatever we have. :)

      Delete
  4. 1. Your reply made me think of Rubens (rubenesque figures?) - was he flemish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubens yes. Flemish? Don’t know. :)

      2 is RM, 4 is ME.

      Delete
  5. 3. Bauhaus. Something I both admired and detested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In one, Andy. N6 is similar soubding to grain which birds eat. Except in French.

      Delete
  6. 6. Your clue took me immediately to Millet, I admit that I would only be guessing the J-F so looked it up. Jean-François Millet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done. I actually named n4, by the way, in the sidebar.

      Delete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.