Sunday, April 28, 2024

Torquaymada presents

JH: The first major thing is attribution ... this is best watched at the guy's site:




The second is ... even with that aperture, what's he doing resting it on his knee? Even during my days of the 400 telephoto (professionals use 800s), it was very, very shaky ... I had not the money at the time for a good lens. My winder on my Olympus was also screw-on ... remember those? Then again, it was on Jimmy's knee in Rear Window.

Naturally, as all young men of the type did in those days, we did our own darkroom work, using the bag to open the back of the camera. Then life moved on.

The third thing is ... this yoof is not a great deal different from me, even to look at at that age, plus his manner is cheeky and slightly insincere ... such that you feel sure he's setting you up for something ... my guess was it would be naughty, then I remembered I was mixing my Torquaymadas and Microdaves, ha ha.

Fourth thing is ... the obsession of this yoof ... is excellent for a quite different reason ... health. Eccentrics, believers, those with projects ... they tend to have much better health than the navel gazers ... and that's what I wish this young man ... good health.

2 comments:

  1. How did he film that and post it on YouTube - the internet wasn't around in 1954...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clever man indeed. 😎

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.