Monday, March 27, 2023

Monday [8 to 11]

(0955) Mid-morn (1133). Gals at 1230.

11. To my mind, chaps and chapesses

… this old one from Leggy is most vital:


https://nourishingobscurity.wordpress.com/2023/03/26/reader-drops-280-2/comment-page-1/#comment-5379

10.  Some of these




9.  Twitter and Gab

I’m loyal to Gab, esp. as our Julia is there, plus it was there all through my Twitter exile.  On the other hand, there is just something about Twitter … it was fab this morning, quite relaxing connecting with fellow Twits, from Mick Prich and Leggy to the gals.

Gab is still n1 for sheer politics … pulls no punches … but somehow it’s a bit overserious and the constant Christian overkill by Andrew T … look, I am a Christian, all right, I don’t need it shoved down my throat 24/7.

8.  Housekeeping … monikers

We all do it … we get so tied up in what we, ourselves, indignantly want to get across, that we can miss the humble request or the tone of the discussion. I’ve done it at other blogs and even here. It’s human, it’s imperfect.

I’ve also run, many times, that quote from Sir Norman Anderson (1973) (a):

"At times [I am] astonished by the way in which they handle their evidence, by the presuppositions and a priori convictions with which some of them clearly (and even, on occasion, on their own admission) approach the documents concerned, and by the positively staggering assurance with which they make categorical pronouncements on points which are, on any showing, open to question, and on which equally competent colleagues take a diametrically opposite view."

Yes, and that’s coupled with two other points:

b)  The Kevin Sorbo quote:


c)  Today’s theme on perfection and imperfection, which was about the impossibility of getting things 100% right 100% of the time and in fact, the perfection of someone is in his/her very imperfection, his/her foibles, his/her self-effacing humility, his/her moral compass.

On Twitter, for example … while quite a few, esp. the ladies, go in for apolitical, social and “love nature” reasons … and I’ll be doing exactly that after this is finished … those who go in for political reasons very much need to bear in mind points a and b above. 

There’s one political warrior lady and it’s starting to dawn on me that she’s not remotely interested in a couple of my longs (like this one) on the rare occasions I do write something at Twitter, she bathes in the adulation which I have added to, she rejoices in her “numbers” of hits and followers.

That’s almost half of what it’s about, the greater part being the good things she does actually bring.  I’ll keep agreeing with her as long as she says sane things.  But no way am I just one of her multitude of admirers as she sees it.  I don’t like the word Follower anyway … I’m no fellow human’s follower and I don’t see anyone as mine, I’m not remotely interested in traffic or building my account. You can drop that idea straight away. I do admire various people.

In my eyes, we go in to share anything sane or nice like countryside vistas, potting sheds etc. … forget all this account building or monetising or whatever … that’s what the globo-psychos are fixated on.  Often we castigate anti-human politics from our “leaders”.  Yes … and what?  They need taking down, as Micron is about to be.

That’s it.

1 comment:

  1. Steve

    I started here this morning:

    Who watches the watchers? Who guards the guards? | Neil Oliver

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv8LI2q9KtQ

    Which, via the comments, took me here:

    In case you missed it...

    https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/in-case-you-missed-it-4/

    And I ended up here:

    40 Facts You NEED to Know: The REAL Story of “C**id”

    https://off-guardian.org/2023/03/24/40-facts-you-need-to-know-the-real-story-of-covid/

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.