Sunday, February 05, 2023

Sidelight on Rumpole

I’ve been watching a few of late but when this one came up, something curious occurred … probably I knew of it back in the day but old timer’s memory ya know …

Anyway, there’s a character referred to, Liz Probert, whom SWMBO keeps disparaging and I was curious as to why … it may have been in yesterday’s episode.  Anyway, in today’s, she appears and immediately I felt there was something there but at the same time, thought SWMBO may have had the wrong end of the stick.


As I say, there was definitely something between Rumpole and her and then it hit, like a smackeroo blurby … there was nothing whatever between the two characters, it was between the two actors themselves.

And yet it was also not so … there was physical reserve … which had me thinking.  Then it hit me like the aforementioned blurby … it was (proper) teacher and pupil or even father and daughter. I rushed to the cast list and … aha, there it was.  As it should have been.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliantly written acted and directed, these Rumpoles. I'd never noticed the family thing till you mentioned it, but now it's obvious!

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.