Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Wednesday [15 to 19]

Lunch took longer than expected.

19.  NOWP

Evets 3:


Evets 4:

Watch this space.

18.  Bayard

http://markwadsworth.blogspot.com/2022/08/the-science-behind-alarmism-in-nutshell.html

17.  Andy

Our wonderful police force have attracted the attention of Breitbart:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/08/09/englands-woke-police-fail-to-solve-a-single-theft-in-84-per-cent-of-neighbourhoods/

16.  Ian J

“I've just spent an hour analysing the cookies listed on the DM website (after spending 1/2 hr de-selecting those tagged for 'legitimate interest'). There were 1500 sources of cookies, and 294 tagged for 'legitimate interest' (on just one site), each one of which had to be removed individually as I do not want my viewing to be sold (in this case, by the DM) to commercial interests. No wonder my laptop slows down at times, and it occurs to me to ask how much the website owners are making from these firms if they go to such lengths to make their removal difficult.

The spreadsheet did not download onto the ipad but did on the laptop, such that I can access it and am doing so.  That much is good, the predictable part is that it doesn't upload to Blgr.  There is a way I shall grapple with when there's time from the non-stop blogging, maybe on the weekend. For now it's in the too hard basket.”


15.  On what Ripper sent

There's an interesting philosophical question here, summed up best by Misanthrope Girl:
A court in Scotland has found Mark Meechan, aka Count Dankula, guilty of a ‘hate crime’ for teaching his girlfriend’s pug to respond to remarks such as “Gas the Jews” by raising a paw in an imitation of a Nazi salute. I shouldn’t have to say, but will anyway for the hard of thinking, that this was childish, tasteless and offensive of him, however funny he thought it might be at the time.
That old adage - you're not young for long but you can be immature for the rest of your life ... I did chuckle at the idiocy but hey, there you go.

My objection is primarily the trivialising of freedom at a critical point in society across the west where he was inviting plod to strike in order to make a martyr of himself himself himself me me me.

There are, in my book, two kinds of libertarianism ... the mindless licentious type which is all ego ... me me me gotta have total freedom at all times, no consideration for anyone ... and then the type we see in Carl Benjamin, who actually has something to say and does so.

He exposed the UKIP Achilles heel and so he should have. Dankula did not.

As for Waters, he's an idiot.

The comments of both our gentlemen can be found here:

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy the Americanism "Good enough for government work". Here's a fine example entitled "A Century Of UK/NI Rainfall". (He means GB/NI but it seems unkind to tease an Englishmen for his genetic incapacity to understand the geography and constitutional arrangements of these islands.)

    https://jdeeclimate.substack.com/p/a-century-of-ukni-rainfall-part-2

    It's worth reading to the end, honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing said about those millions of Chinese fascist lucky cats all happily raising their right paws. But then the Chinese race are invisible. Never seen on TV dramas or multi-culti advertisements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 16 - Just curious to know what makes Waters an idiot. I'm no fanboy of either him or the band but did always like their stuff, and though I don't agree with some things Waters says, he has shown himself over the last couple of years to be more red-pilled than the average normie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the lyrics, a direct attack. This is why I’m no way engaging on this one … he can take it up with the God he mocks if he wants. Not my personal war, more important things to do … as we all do here, including your contributions.

      Delete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.