Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Wednesday [12 to 14]

Elevenses.

14.  The comments issue has arisen yet again.

The problem for me is the comment itself is too good not to post:


The issue is the Blgr comments system, hence I have this in the sidebar:


As commenters know, I'm not remotely interested in identity or location ... thank goodness Blgr don't show this to the admin anyway ... I'm interested in the comment, unless bona fides is germane to the issue, in which case the commenter would provide that.

Clearly the sidebar notice is not working, so I'll now explore a notice at source.  Some sort of moniker is important up front because readers check the sidebar comments.  It's simply a courtesy.

One thing I have been thinking about though is what if one of our regulars had a sensitive comment and preferred not to use his moniker?  Not an issue ... invent another, no skin off my nose ... as I say, it's a sidebar courtesy, that's all.

It continues:


The obvious place to leave the message to commenters is on the line provided … it won’t let me type anything.  Back to the drawing board.

13.  Cultural appropriation?

I [we] run jazz here, blues, I've run Arabika, in Russia I was taken as half Russian, I ate like them, thought half like them so maybe I'm the last to attack cultural appropriation and especially dislike the left's way of abusing that.  If I play Osibisa, it's not misappropriating anything, it's in a way a tribute.

But not these two clowns who remind me immediately of the two leftwing Norwegian girls in Morocco who think independent travel for girls is danger free.


That would be bad enough but they're completely contrived, as is seen in the tribesmen's reactions - what the hell is that on their hands and what's with the hair? Within Europe, it would be utterly stoopid but in Africa itself, it's almost insulting pretending to be love-everyone tribal, not unlike those two clowns from Austria who went and joined Isis, only to be, of course, beaten to death for trying to escape.

It's like Madonna going to Africa for her babies or Killery to Haiti.  There's something completely wrong about that side of socio-politics and these two females exemplify it. Compare that to PD's the other day:

https://youtu.be/BiWWL3OqJGo

The footage is genuine, the boat on the river is real, the animals are real.  Enya is contrived, being treehugger Irish but no matter, it seems to fit the footage.

Anyway, I went to the uploader's a/c and there was this:

I'd wager she would have been gobsmacked by YT's actions ... after all, she was only trying to spread the Woke lurve, was she not?

12.  More info


10 comments:

  1. I've just spent an hour analysing the cookies listed on the DM website (after spending 1/2 hr de-selecting those tagged for 'legitimate interest'). There were 1500 sources of cookies, and 294 tagged for 'legitimate interest' (on just one site), each one of which had to be removed individually as I do not want my viewing to be sold (in this case, by the DM) to commercial interests. No wonder my laptop slows down at times, and it occurs to me to ask how much the website owners are making from these firms if they go to such lengths to make their removal difficult.
    PS I can email the spreadsheet if you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. currently excel (.xls), but I can save it in any format. I've listed all 1500 firms and indicated which ones rely on 'legitimate interest'

      Delete
  2. Is it for me or can it be offered to readers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A musical offering - Roger Waters - This Is Not A Drill, full show from the Wells Fargo Centre, Philly. Enjoy.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHlPXT2HD8Q

    Roger Waters - uncut interview

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZsRj3_iDfM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the anonymous commenter mentioned about. The reason I didn't use my moniker is because I didn't realise I was anonymous until I posted the comment.
    Everywhere else you type your comment then move down add your name, and in same cases email, then click post. On this site when you click comment you can type in your comment but have to go to the top to put your name in. Yesterday I just typed and then hit submit. It used to default to me as it had a cookie or something, now it doesn't and I have to type it every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. It was obviously "one our lot" so to speak, the comment made too much sense, so had to go up one way or another.

      Delete
  5. Lort T - yes mine randomly does that, started doing it a few months ago. Odd you can't select 'name' until you start the comment, makes it easy to forget to add it! Seems Ok this week but it is random as far as I can tell.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.