Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Is this a good man?

All right, in belligerent mood this a.m. ... you can call me cloth-eared all you like and I'll not argue, but I'm remembering the criticism by one who knows the genre who said he didn't like this version as much as the other slower, earlier version.

Ok ... fine ... but I'm still slightly puzzled, as I adore the rollicking nature of this piece.  As for Benny Goodman himself ...


... weeelll, I've no real opinion of his later work but this one seems jolly enough, has solos, is jaunty, has jazz singing ... what's not to like?

1 comment:

  1. If you want to hear good stuff from his Big Band, before it became boringly mechanical, listen to his Carnegie Hall concert.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.