Monday, August 08, 2022

A song

Certain things knock us about and I’ll go into what has knocked me about further down, in the lower half of the post.

Right, here’s a reaction video.  I looked at one with a black guy, he had the video of the song larger and it was awesome, but blacks do feel soul very much, so thought I’d try a ‘vocal coach’ woman.  

She spent the first minute or two urging us to subscribe and then flogged hair care products and cosmetics.  Appallingly vacuous … zero soul. Maybe she changed after the song, I didn’t stick around.

Finally I settled on Frenchy, the shuffle dancer whom we’ve had before.  Her clip was miniscule in the frame, her composition awful, her English language … well she did really try and she was genuine throughout.  So here it is:



I’ll be playing another later today - Man of Constant Sorrows, together with the unadorned version of How Great Thou Art.  Don’t think they’re a religious group per se but they do tackle some fine songs.  Meanwhile, do stick with this kid’s version as she seems a good gal and Homefree do their promo at the end for those interested.

Naturally, she doesn’t ‘get it’, what it’s all about.  Interestingly, the only one who does is the black guy linked above.

Now something else which is concerning me

It’s this … yet another close person is not responding to my messages and I’m quietly appreciative that Amfortas at least still is. This sort of thing started with Chuckles … then we heard the worst.  Wolfie disappeared but that was different, he left me a note. Then haiku stopped responding from South Africa.  Then Rossa’s mother stopped and Rossa doesn’t respond either.  Yikes.

Now, today, another is not responding, someone close.

The above might explain why I’ve been edgy about Andy and Torquaymada.  Now don’t get me wrong, there is absolutely no compelling reason for them to, it’s not the mafia, it’s just … the above if you see what I mean.  Maybe you can’t.

Anyway, that’s all I have to say of this nature, have to move because the Monday morn tasks are piling up, I have to go sort some RL things, doubtless you do too.

3 comments:

  1. Steve

    Written by a Swede, Carl Boberg, translated into English by Stuart Hine. Didn't know that, despite hearing it performed live by The Fron Male Voice Choir in 2009. Another good one is sung by the Canoldir Male Choir - which is a favourite of my Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a worry when old mates disappear. Let us hope those you are missing pop up again. Meanwhile here at the arse end of the world the weather is splendid --- beaut winter days and occasional blowy, wet, dank ones. But generally much better than the Britain of my memory. Love Tasmania. My health is fair to middling, as to be expected. I have a perforated ear drum at the moment, which is getting anti-biotic treatment. The constant pain of the past few weeks is abating. Also, as the affliction caused my TMJ to displace (that, too, is on the mend) I have been on a soup diet which has cause my weight to fall to an far more acceptable 100 kilos. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.