Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Midweek movie out of our past

I know we've had it before, but not for some time, and it's a classic, so why not?

 



My own review

Not sure why I still run noirs on the blog.  My early life had pretty good examples of the female until I started dating them, then things became interesting.  In the active middle years, maybe my romantically naive idea of womanhood took a few hits as I tended to attract the Kathie Moffat type. What they saw I have no idea.

In my later life, now, they've gone back to being good and you see my attitude to women close to me.  They're good sorts.  Unlike Kathie Moffatt who is rotten to the core, being motivated primarily by both greed and fear.  Number one in her book is, always was and was always going to be Kathie Moffat.

I've known a few of those and they looked and felt like dreamboats.  That's how they do it.  And were there no such wimmin, there'd be no film noir, would there?  A man entering a film noir life for real needs to be equipped for it, needs to be a right bstd methinks, just to survive her.  And it's always shortlived - massive highs, crashing lows.

Not complaining, just explaining.

From here on in, the linked reviews above might be better - this one possibly sums it up best.  I'd just say though that Jane Greer was perfectly cast with that frozen side of her face ... cold as ice in both the film and in real life by many accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.