Friday, June 24, 2022

Friday film



Two reviewers drew attention to the use of the nursery rhyme throughout the TV movie, plus the hopscotch opening with little girls.  The reviewers liked neither, nor did I.  My teaching was at all levels - started, bizarrely as instructor of potential adult scoutleaders - these people were in their thirties and forties and I was somewhere around twenty.

Next stage was primary, then upper secondary, back to lower secondary as prep school head, then upper secondary again, then older university girls, occasionally teacher training.  The little spotty herberts were too like me but the female teachers were soft on them, the little girls were fine, there was rapport, ditto lower secondary and upper secondary, the most rewarding in my eyes were the late university gals and the adult training  - the latter were fun, esp. in Sicily.

Of late though, I really don't like seeing little kids in anything, methinks because of the whole paedo thing out there, they really should be left out of the limelight and kept there, I don't care how cute they are, there's something a bit off off about it.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed James. Films I once enjoyed now seem creepy, knowing what I know now. There are episodes of Star Trek (old and new) featuring children, all I can see is inappropriate behaviour or dialogue.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.