Sunday, September 20, 2009

[slice of history] caught forever on vinyl

Sorry - on a roll and can't help it. I've never seen a guy so scared his woman was going to soar above him. Trouble was, she did:



This was with the Crystals original singer Barbara Alston:



I don't know. I never thought I'd get nostalgic but there's a passion and power to this simple, harmonic music which is just not around now. This was from before my time so I can't say I grew up with it but it definitely has something I can't define and missed at the time.

Was it that they weren't into themselves as great celebrities and that they just loved singing for the sound of it?

2 comments:

  1. "Was it that they weren't into themselves as great celebrities and that they just loved singing for the sound of it?"

    Back then it was about the music; these days it is all about the image in the videos, most of which are basically bad pop music, lack of musical talent, and a lot of T and A.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.