Thursday, September 03, 2009

[rogue bankers] and old photographs


1 Quite important article, by Nick Drew, over at CAW, on the bankers. Check it out if you haven't already done so. Just how to stop those who are wrecking it for everyone else? I say we can't until we execute Them - they will keep our noses to the cycle of ups and downs which simply perpetuate their world agenda.

Harry Hook says we are in a special time right now:

We are living in what the Greeks called the right time for a "metamorphosis of the gods," i.e. of the fundamental principles and symbols.

2 The photo above is by Frank Meadow Sutcliffe, one of my three favourite "artists", the other two being Shishkin, from Russia and Millet, from Barbizon. I'll steal another of Cherie's shots for a post soon and include some of those other two as well. All of their stories are interesting - how they went about their art, what they faced, their life and times.

3 He's retired once already and he's too good to retire. Please put him back on your reading list.

4 Tread carefully at Scott's Thesis because he makes fine distinctions and you have to read carefully if hoping to refute the assumptions. I'm still reading.

5 comments:

  1. I hope your readers realise I didn't take that photo :-)

    I am looking forward to hearing about your other two favourite artists :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, I live near Whitby and pass the Sutcliffe Gallery often. Anything you want, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We are living in what the Greeks called the right time for a "metamorphosis of the gods," i.e. of the fundamental principles and symbols."

    Well, that draws me in like candy to a baby. On to your links it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it is Jung, and Jung understood much. He understood Freud was poison.

    But Mr. Hook is anticipated by Burke. 'It is very rare for men to be wrong in their feelings concerning public misconduct; as rare to be right in their speculations upon the cause of it.' I did not understand his meaning so well until I heard Hook's plea.

    That is why, when we finally rid ourselves of a curse, it is then we find others already within ourselves. All modern revolutions have ended with a reinforcement of the power of the state.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.