Wednesday, September 23, 2009

[ladies and gentlemen] adjust your urls 2



Remember that the new url is:

http://nourishingobscurity.com

... and the date it goes active is September 29th. If you change your link to this site [that's if you ever did link and plan to continue, I mean], then the new link will also bring you here until the changeover date and then will automatically switch to the new site.

For those interested, I'm on Wordpress.org and am [almost] self-hosting. The themes have been the main problem - I must have been through about 1500 of them and the two left at the end [which I can't decide between] are:

1. a three column not unlike this site's [but I've made the sidebar's much wider so that the whole is now a three column magazine, featuring certain posts];

2. a true magazine/news layout which has layout problems with the blockquotes and images, the latter having been solved.

Both are quite configurable [a major factor for me] and now it's down to the cosmetics and widgets. I'll get both themes ready and decide which one later. I've even been thinking of running one of them for two days and then the other and seeing what you think of each.

3 comments:

  1. Or you could let your users look at them on the test site and give their opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could but I'm not ready yet with the site[s] - I'd like to get some content up first, in different categories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are ready then. You could then just ask everyone which one they prefer if you can't make up your mind.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.