Friday, September 11, 2009

[good news day] plus the sun's out


Good news day.


1. About 7 a.m. there was a fog over the hills and dales [I live out of town] and it was magnificent, atmospheric, the first for autumn and a portent of the beauty of England in that season, that unique phenomenon which is only found in this England. I've been in Wales, been in Scotland and Ireland and each has its own beauty. This one today made one want to go for a brisk walk.

2. The site boss came in and looked at the boiler. That was one thing but he phoned an engineer and guess what - the man not only phoned me but actually came here! Can you believe that and he repaired the fan, bled the central heating and generally did all these jolly things but we still need the timer changed.

The best part is that he left one tool behind and so he has to come back to do the other job. Plus he explained everything clearly and he was the boss of the firm, his two lads being on holiday.

3. I bought a new line from my corner shop - a salad in a plastic tub [the firm is Windsor]. So what, you might think? This salad was only £1.69 and it was not filled with lettuce leaves to make up the space - it had six or seven slabs, not wafer thin slices, of chicken, two eggs in slices and a quarter of a tomato [can't expect too much there] plus onion rings and the lettuce of course.

The container was 15cm x 11cm x 5cm and you can get a lot of food inside those dimensions. I was full after it and I'm going to tell my shopkeeper to keep that line going.

4. The sun is beaming down outside.


2 comments:

  1. I am always quite grateful that in my house, although it has to have the combi boiler, it also has a quite unique type of central heating too. It seems more efficient than the usual combi boiler set up.

    Glad yours is sorted now :-)

    It has been a lovely day today and I noticed that BBC had suddenly caught up with me saying that Autumn had come 4 weeks early ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was the best day here I can remember in a long while because it changed as it went along.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.