Sunday, August 02, 2009

[sunday quiz] bumper edition today


Just identify who said these and where:

1 And we not only saved the world … er … saved the banks and led the way way … saved the banks …

2 It's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them ...

3 Paul Martin commits to positions like Britney Spears commits to marriage.

4 This gap between words and facts makes me very angry. I will not calm down. I have not lost my nerve - I have a lot of sang froid.

5 I've always wanted to be a spy, and frankly I'm a little surprised that British intelligence has never approached me.

6 We lied in the morning, we lied in the evening. We accomplished nothing.

7 If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed.

Answers

Gordon Brown in Parliament, Obama in San Francisco, Stephen Harper announcing leadership candidacy, Segie in The Debate, Elizabeth Hurley [who knows where], Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany in Hungary, Phil the Greek in China – to British students

By the way, you DO recognize the man in the sailor hat and the girl, don't you?

4 comments:

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.