Saturday, July 18, 2009

[networking] blogrolls and other headaches

If you took away most of his hair, gave him more upper body and shoulders, made the face thinner and put him in a single-breasted suit, that could be me second from the left.

How do you cope with the networking and blogrolls? I thought I had them sorted but I've just been into Mybloglog and was horrified/delighted to find a whole lotta people that Mybloglog has obviously decided to add to my contacts.

Searching through these, it was annoying to find that people I really wanted to blogroll, like the Blue Contrarian, James Schneider and Alex Goodall somehow got lost in there. How do your Mybloglog [or whatever] contacts pan out?

Mine fall either into those wanting to sell something, commercial blogs, often with young female avatars, the male politicos I've just mentioned, ladies who have lady-type blogs and I'm not averse to that or the ones I don't know what to do. They seem girl blogs on the hunkiest guys around or the latest fashions. Hmmmmm. I might be a bit long in the tooth for that sort of thing.

My only social networking is Mybloglog plus my actual blog [I don't use Facebook] so how do all you readers/fellow bloggers with many social groups and fora cope with it all?
.

5 comments:

  1. I tend to network most things through my blog, but have everyones feeds in a feedreader so I can see when new content is posted.

    I find that MyBlog and Twitter both end up with people who are advertising things linking up to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, aren't there some females who allege you are a tripod?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, no. I've retired from that game but perhaps you could tell me about what it's like to be one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.